Saturday, September 20, 2008

Persuasive....

Well I had learned that people are trying to persuade you every day, in and on everything. They do it on TV commercials trying to tell you why there product is so much better than opponents. They will also tell you what is so bad about the other people. Just like the presidential race right now, everyone wants you to pick them, but for you to want to pick one of them you need to be persuaded so they tell you things that you want to here and they also tell you things that there opponent does wrong . So in that case they are persuading you.

I also know you need to give lots of reasons in persuading, like facts. You need to back up everything that you throw at them basically. At almost as bad as it sounds put down the other opponent just a little bit just to make it seem like the thing you are persuading about is so much better than what they have

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Kerry, and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your blog. I thought that the sources you gave were all intresting refrences. I'm glad the teacher assigned this blog so we can use each others sources for future papers. Very helpful!
The points you made about persuasive writing were right on the money. The Presidental candidates and the big advertising companies are the spokesmen for Persuasive writing skills! The sad part is the presidental candidates dont even write their own speeches and the stars in the commercials rarely use most of the products they endorse. So crazy!
I also saw that you used the crystallinks site on your blog... just glad I wasnt the only one who thought the site was a little sketchy!!! Thanks for your comments!